Occupational Safety Coordinator - Extended
|Position:||Full time; Starting salary $2,559.42/Monthly.|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
The Occupational Safety Coordinator is responsible for monitoring and implementing occupational safety programs. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of governmental and institution occupational safety regulations.
- Knowledge of employee occupational health requirements, environmental protection requirements, and worker industrial hygiene.
- Knowledge of hazardous waste management techniques.
- Knowledge of use and storage requirements of hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of facility construction and test instruments for monitoring work areas.
- Ability to direct industrial hygiene surveys.
- Ability to develop safety programs.
- Ability to manage handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts surveys of campus areas, such as classrooms, laboratories and/or patient care areas, to determine compliance to occupational safety regulations and codes.
- Formulates and directs campus asbestos abatement program, inspects asbestos abatement projects, takes air samples, and prepares for lab analysis.
- Develops plans for managing hazardous waste, trains institution employees, and implements hazardous waste management techniques, such as disposal and emergency procedures.
- Performs surveys of construction sites to monitor compliance for safety standards and reviews construction plans.
- Directs health and safety education training programs and keeps abreast of current trends through professional publications.
- Maintains and monitors testing equipment used for monitoring and making safety inspections.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in physics, chemistry, biology, or a related field; plus two years of experience in occupational health and safety or a related field. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Experience in directing hygiene surveys
- Experience in developing safety programs
- Experience in handling and disposing of hazardous materials
- Experience in arc flash protection
- Experience as a competent person for inspection of scaffolding
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication for Employment