Network Support Analyst
|Position:||Full-time; Starting salary $2,821.75/Monthly.|
|Department:||Office of Information Systems - Support Services|
|Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge in design, management or troubleshooting of a large data network or a large wireless network.
- Knowledge of network monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of data, voice, video, and wireless networks.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing and provide assistance in resolving technical issues.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical documents to resolve problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Designs data, voice, video, and wireless networks for the state.
- Evaluates network management and monitoring products as well as other vendor products.
- Monitors all network systems for potential problems.
- Makes recommendations for upgrades in order to support new technology or customer requests.
- Provides an additional level of maintenance support for all network systems and implements new network projects.
- Develops and maintains relationships with network users and vendors to provide best possible solution to customer needs.
- Supports core network hardware and software installations and changes.
- Designs and supports internet content filtering solutions for customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education of an associate's degree in information technology, computer science, systems engineering, or related field; plus two years experience in data network operations/design, or related field. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2 years of experience in technical support.
Work Schedule: Must be able to work different shifts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Network Support Analyst is responsible for maintaining and designing the state data, voice, video, and wireless networks, and provide additional level of maintenance support for network users. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication for Employment