||Full-time; Starting salary $2,321.50/Monthly.
||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge in design, management, or troubleshooting a large data network or a large
- Knowledge of network monitoring tools.Knowledge of data, voice, video, and wireless
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing and provide assistance in resolving technical
- Ability to read and comprehend technical documents to resolve problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for maintaining and designing data, voice, video, and wireless networks,
and providing additional level of maintenance support for network users.
- This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
- Designs data, voice, video, and wireless networks and evaluates network management
and monitoring products.
- Monitors all network systems for potential problems and implements new network projects.
- Makes recommendations for upgrades in order to support new technology or customer
requests and provides an additional level of maintenance support for all network systems.
- Develops and maintains relationships with network users and vendors to provide best
possible solution to customer needs.
- Supports core network hardware and software installations and changes and designs
and supports internet content filtering solutions for customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a associate's degree in information technology,
computer science, systems engineering, or a related area; plus two years of experience
in data network operations/design or related area. Additional requirements determined
by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF
THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON
APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Individual must be able to troubleshoot, analyze and perform repairs to computers
and peripheral equipment
- Troubleshoot printing/networking problems
- Assists in recommendations to personnel regarding purchases of hardware/softwareAssists
in the deployment, installation and upgrading of hardware/software
- Troubleshoot basic network operating systems
- Maintain and update service desk indicating the status of repairs and accounting of
- Keep current in technology for computer, networking, and software systems
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work different shifts
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Network Analyst is responsible for maintaining and designing data, voice, video,
and wireless networks, and providing additional level of maintenance support for network
users. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It
is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call
the Office of Human Resources at 479-968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in
addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: email@example.com
Application for Employment