Licensed Professional Counselor - Extended
|Position:||Full time; Starting salary $ 2,962.84/Monthly|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
The Licensed Professional Counselor is responsible for assessing and evaluating problems of individuals, through the use of case history, interview, and observation, and providing individual or group counseling services to assist individuals in achieving more effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of interviewing and counseling methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions and career counseling and guidance.
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance, individual differences in ability, personality, interests, learning, and motivation.
- Knowledge of psychological research methods and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Ability to interview, supervise, and counsel individuals.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Ability to evaluate individual behavior and formulate treatment plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Advises clients on the benefits of counseling programs.
- Analyzes data, such as interview notes, test results, and reference manuals, in order to identify symptoms and diagnose the nature of client problems.
- Collects information on individuals or clients by using interviews, case histories, observational techniques, and other assessment methods.
- Counsels individuals, groups, or families to understand problems, define goals, and develop realistic action plans.
- Develops therapeutic and treatment plans based on client interests, abilities, and needs.
- Evaluates the results of counseling methods to determine the reliability and validity of treatments and conducts research to develop or improve diagnostic or therapeutic counseling techniques.
- Selects, administers, and interprets psychological tests to assess intelligence, aptitudes, abilities, or interests.
- Consults with other professionals to discuss therapies, treatments, counseling resources, or techniques, and to share occupational information.
- Refers clients to specialists or to other institutions for non-counseling treatment of problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a master's degree in psychology, sociology, social work, or a related field; plus two years of experience in counseling, psychology, social work, or a related area. Must be licensed as a Professional Counselor in accordance with ACA 17-27-301. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Experience in drug and alcohol education preferred
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: email@example.comApplication for Employment