Institutional Services Assistant
|Position:||Full-time; Starting salary $ 693.34/Semi-Monthly.|
|Work Hours||4:00 am - 12:30 pm Monday through Friday|
Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of basic cleaning techniques.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment operation and maintenance.
- Ability to follow instructions and perform repetitive manual work.
- Ability to use cleansers and other agents to clean floors and furniture.
- Ability to use housekeeping cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to perform repetitive manual work.
- Ability to do required lifting (up to 50 lbs.).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for general cleaning of areas in and around office buildings, class rooms, lecture halls, conference rooms, auditoriums, resident halls, dining areas, building common areas, and other areas as required.
- Removes trash from waste baskets, dumps trash, sanitizes and re-lines trash receptacles daily, or as needed, and operates trash compactors.
- Wipes furniture, such as desk tops, tables, and other surfaces.
- Cleans walls, windows, window sills, stairways, and entry ways, as needed.
- Sweeps, mops, and buffs floors, vacuums floors daily, and shampoos carpets, cleans baseboards, dusts and/or wipes clean furniture, desk tops, table tops, cabinets, and other surfaces, such as ceiling fans, black/white boards, appliances, and fixtures.
- Strips, waxes, and buffs floors, as needed or scheduled.
- Cleans bathroom fixtures and stocks restrooms with soap, toilet tissue, and paper towels.
- Cleans areas requiring special cleaning methods, by using specific cleansers, sterilizing equipment, and/or disposing of contaminated wastes.
- Assists in set-up of events and cleaning after events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Institutional Services Assistant is responsible for general cleaning of areas in and around office buildings, class rooms, lecture halls, conference rooms, auditoriums, resident halls, dining areas, building common areas, and other areas as required. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication for Employment