Information Systems Coordinator - Extended
|Position:||Full-time; Starting salary $ 3,781.42/Monthly.|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of personal computer software and functions and computer system interactions, intricacies, capabilities and limitations.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and techniques.
- Ability to direct work objectives and activities and assign and direct the work of subordinates.
- Ability to prepare and present oral and written technical information and reports.
- Ability to research, analyze, evaluate data, situations, project outcomes, and resolve problems.
- Ability to write moderately complex applications to fulfill requirements or select appropriate off-the-shelf software and modify to suit agency or institution needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides general supervision of professional and administrative staff by reviewing project assignments and work performed, recommending subordinates for hiring, promotions, and terminations, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Supervises team operations with other functions within the agency, to ensure the development and implementation of information systems procedures.
- Directs the implementation of diverse, new and/or modified software to ensure compatibility with existing system and testing requirements.
- Implements schedules and priorities for system development and monitors development stages to ensure the validity of data and reports and adherence to deadlines.
- Supervises technical assistance and training to users regarding system.
- Establishes schedules and priorities for information system development and monitors development stages to ensure the validity of data and reports and adherence to deadlines.
- Directs or conducts special projects, as directed by management, by assigning work activities, monitoring progress, and preparing status reports, or making presentations, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field; plus five years of experience in computer support plus one year of supervisory experience OR Completion of technical training in computer science, data processing, or a related field acquired from a vocational, military or industrial setting plus five years experience in computer support plus one year of supervisory experience. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- 5-7 years in a management or supervisory role of personnel in an IT operations environment
- Experience in a 24/7 operations center environment
- Ability to operate network component analyzers, scanners, and testers
- Cisco CCNA certified
- Experience in integrated voice and data systems
- Experience in LAN/WAN infrastructures, topologies and protocols
- Experience with Linux/Unix/Windows administrative support
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Demonstrated leadership ability and team work
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Information Systems Coordinator works under general direction and is responsible for planning and directing resources in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the computer and network systems for the state. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication for Employment