Human Resources Program Representative
||Full time; Starting salary $ 2,437.59/Monthly.
||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources.
- Knowledge of state and federal personnel laws, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of organizational management, payroll, and benefits.
- Ability to analyze information and recommend appropriate action.
- Ability to plan and perform organizational analysis and feasibility studies.
- Ability to prepare and present oral and written information, training, and reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyzes and evaluates employment applications received from internal and external
applicants to determine if applicants meet minimum qualifications.
- Analyzes and evaluates job vacancy requisition requests to ensure requests are accurate
and adhere to policy and guidelines.
- Prepares and posts the job vacancy requisitions to the internet weekly and distributes
list to proper personnel via email.
- Coordinates resolution of departmental and statewide recruiting system problems and
- Assists in the analysis and creation of policies involving the job posting and application
process, selection process, procedures and service delivery.
- Coordinates all aspects of the grievance process from submission to final decision.
- Maintains files and logs for workers' compensation injury claims.
- Gathers initial information and submits packet to the Public Employee Claims Division
for compensability determination and the provision of benefits.
- Compiles workers' compensation information for federal reporting.
- Reviews and analyzes FMLA requests to determine if applicant meets requirements.Determines
eligibility and advises the payroll section of determination.
- Reconciles discrepancies with supervisors and employees as needed.
- Provides information and interpretation of law, policy, procedures, and directives
to personnel in subjects such as Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Employment Opportunity,
Americans Disability Act, disciplinary actions, Merit Pay Policy, recruiting and selection
processes, and a variety of other personnel related issues.
- Provides training to management as scheduled or requested.
- Coordinates the department's state insurance and other benefits programs by notifying
employees of changes in coverage, premiums, forms, procedures, and timeframes; reviewing
and correcting forms and records, monitoring deductions through reports; establishing
payment schedules; and monitoring the program to detect functional problems and steer
agency employees safely through them.
- Provides information and assistance to agency employees in accessing and utilizing
insurance benefits and in resolving problems such as over and under payments, inaccurate
records, and crediting by carrier.
- Explains benefits offered and advises employees on necessary forms, documentation,
- Communicates with Employee Benefits Division regarding problems experienced by agency
employees and intercedes with vendors on their behalf when necessary.
- Provides technical assistance to staff members and system members, regarding retirement
laws and policies.
- Coordinates, reviews, and updates the department merit pay program.
- Conducts the merit pay liaison and supervisor training; coordinates merit pay processes
with agency liaisons to ensure consistency, accuracy and timeliness; explains the
employee merit pay manual, policies and procedures.
- Authorizes and processes the payment of the merit pay percentage awards.
- Responds to complaints and requests for information from the public and employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in human resources, public
administration or a related field. Additional requirements determined by the agency
for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF
THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON
APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Human Resources Program Representative is responsible for developing, implementing,
and analyzing department program goals and objectives related to human resources areas.
This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal
conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant
in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check
information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with
state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It
is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call
the Office of Human Resources at 479-968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in
addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for Employment