Human Resources Assistant
||Full-time; Starting salary $ 1909.92/Monthly.
||Human Resources Department
||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to prepare, present, and review oral and written information and documents.
- Ability to interpret and apply state and agency/institution polices and procedures
governing human resources.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of employees.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Ability to work in a technological environment demonstrating proficiency in word processing,
spreadsheets, and data base applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains current and former employee files in accordance with Federal and State laws
- Conducts pre-employment background checks, including but not limited to reference
checks and criminal background checks.
- Assists employees with benefit issues, provides insurance updates to supervisor and
notifications to employees; may processes all insurance benefits transactions.
- Performs data entry into appropriate databases; prints payroll records as required.
- Responsible for maintaining a current centrally located employee bulletin board with
employee posting requirements.
- May print and distribute updates to field offices.
- Prepares job postings for vacancies; processes employment applications and documents
and prepares them for qualification review; assembles hiring packets in compliance
with hiring procedures and forwards to hiring supervisor for the interview process;
schedules applicants for interviews.
- Assists employees with basic questions about benefits, FMLA, Workers' Compensation,
and other human resources/policy issues.
- Refers complex questions to supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma plus two years of human resources
related experience. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting
purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER
JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE
BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL
OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Human Resources Practices
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for performing activities related to
human resources such as payroll, recruitment, personnel action forms, benefits, and
employee orientation. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It
is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call
the Office of Human Resources at 479-968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in
addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: email@example.com
Application for Employment