Human Resources Assistant
|Position:||Full-time; Starting salary $ 1909.92/Monthly.|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to prepare, present, and review oral and written information and documents.
- Ability to interpret and apply state and agency/institution polices and procedures governing human resources.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of employees.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Ability to work in a technological environment demonstrating proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and data base applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains current and former employee files in accordance with Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Conducts pre-employment background checks, including but not limited to reference checks and criminal background checks.
- Assists employees with benefit issues, provides insurance updates to supervisor and notifications to employees; may processes all insurance benefits transactions.
- Performs data entry into appropriate databases; prints payroll records as required.
- Responsible for maintaining a current centrally located employee bulletin board with employee posting requirements.
- May print and distribute updates to field offices.
- Prepares job postings for vacancies; processes employment applications and documents and prepares them for qualification review; assembles hiring packets in compliance with hiring procedures and forwards to hiring supervisor for the interview process; schedules applicants for interviews.
- Assists employees with basic questions about benefits, FMLA, Workers' Compensation, and other human resources/policy issues.
- Refers complex questions to supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma plus two years of human resources related experience. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Practices.
- Customer service experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for performing activities related to human resources such as payroll, recruitment, personnel action forms, benefits, and employee orientation. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication for Employment