Fiscal Support Specialist
|Position:||Full-time; Starting salary $ 2,105.67/Monthly.|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of database accounting and management principles.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations of assigned section.
- Knowledge of computers and software application programs.
- Knowledge of customer service techniques.
- Ability to record fiscal data and manipulate data to generate complex reports and documents.
- Ability to conduct research and perform basic quantitative quality assurance reviews.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives, reviews, and audits documents to ensure completion; verifies codes, calculations, authorizations and additional required information.
- Performs data entry of various information, including invoices and payments, to internal automated tracking and reporting system, general ledger, or other appropriate system after reviewing the documents for accuracy.
- Receives payments, verifies for accuracy, posts money and receipts, and processes funds following prescribed methods; deposits into appropriate accounts.
- Maintains manual and computerized files.
- Reviews files for accuracy and corrects information as needed.
- Files documents alphabetically, numerically, or by other prescribed methods within designated timeframes.
- Prepares forms, correspondence, reports and other documents utilizing appropriate software.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus two years of bookkeeping, basic accounting, billing, or related experience.
Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Experience using the Arkansas Tech Banner system.
- Organizational and documentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft office (Word/Excel).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Fiscal Support Specialist is responsible for performing a variety of fiscal related fiscal tasks that are standard or regular support duties within an assigned department or program. This position is governed by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication for Employment