Fiscal Support Analyst
|Position:||Full-time; Starting salary $ 2,437.59/Monthly.|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and database management.
- Knowledge of software applications.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and policies of assigned section.
- Knowledge of customer service techniques.
- Ability to comprehend and assimilate technical and business related documents.
- Ability to apply policies and procedures and other applicable regulations associated with assigned department or program.
- Ability to conduct research, perform quantitative quality assurance reviews, and prepare reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Researches and analyzes data, develops or revise processes or policies based on research, and submits prepared report findings to supervisor.
- Develops and maintains databases, spreadsheets and other fiscal reporting mechanisms, reviews and audits fiscal information for accuracy and quality assurance.
- Provides technical assistance to others working within various databases and systems, including the state accounting system and general ledger, and assists in reconciling problems.
- Posts transactions to journals and/or ledgers, balances entries, and reconciles errors manually or electronically.Performs various accounting duties and assists with budgets and fiscal monthly and year end closing.
- Produces monthly production reports, statistical reports, or other regularly scheduled reports.
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in general business, finance, or a related field. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Fiscal Support Analyst is responsible for performing a wide variety of fiscal related tasks that are standard or regular support duties within an assigned department or program and for researching financial data and preparing reports. This position is governed by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, state and federal laws, and agency/institution policy.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: email@example.comApplication for Employment