LODGE COOK - EXTRA LABOR
|Position:||Part-time; Starting salary $ 11.02/Hourly.|
|Department:||Lake Point Conference Center|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
The Lodge Cook is responsible for inspecting and preparing food supplies for public consumption, employee training and supervision, inventory and cost control measures, and maintaining and cleaning equipment. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of appropriate use and sanitation of food service equipment, facilities and materials.
- Knowledge of food preparation techniques, laws, regulations, or standards governing food preparation and storage.
- Ability to train employees in a multitude of job tasks related to food service or kitchen sanitation.
- Ability to clean and maintain a variety of food preparation appliances and tools.
- Ability to manage time, materials, and food service workers in a commercial kitchen.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Cooks and prepares food to order, as well as banquet and specialty items, and monitors time and temperature of prepared foods to ensure safety standards.
- Sets up salad bars or buffet serving lines.
- Cleans and sanitizes appliances, food prep areas, floors, and utensils.
- Interacts with visitors, handles or relays complaints to managers, and assists visitors with special needs.
- Provides shift supervision of skilled and unskilled food service workers, including training and scheduling.
- Assists with budget and menu planning and inventories of restaurant supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The educational equivalent of a high school diploma, plus one year experience in restaurant or institutional cooking or related field. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
- OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Ideal candidate will have some experience in a Chef type role.
- Candidate will assist the Executive Chef and Chef in preparing food items and specialty dishes.
- Will assist with setting up salad bars and building buffets.
- Knowledgeable in the development of recipes.
- Duties include assisting with the overall operation of a commercial kitchen.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: email@example.comApplication for Employment