Extra Help Assistant
|Position:||Part-time; Starting salary $ 7.25/Hourly.|
|Location:||Ozark Campus, Arkansas Tech University, Ozark, AR|
|Deadline:||9/28/12 (Extended Until October 19, 2012)|
|Hire Date:||10/8/2012 (Extended Until November 5, 2012)|
The Extra Help Assistant is responsible for providing unskilled, semi-skilled labor or performing basic office tasks in a state agency or institution. This is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to follow written or oral instructions.
- Ability to perform manual labor and to operate and maintain the necessary tools and equipment.
- Ability to utilize computer software programs or operate fax or copier machines for some positions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- May answer phone calls and direct inquiries, type and file documents, operate fax or copier machines, and direct incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- May greet visitors, give tours, run errands, take inventory, or assist skilled or professional staff as required.
- May perform grounds maintenance duties such as mowing, raking, collecting and disposing of trash, and maintaining associated equipment.
- May perform custodial duties including mopping, sweeping, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming carpets, washing windows, busing restaurant tables, washing dishes and maintaining supplies and equipment.
- May assist skilled tradesmen in carpentry work, painting exteriors, or other unskilled or semi-skilled labor.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS:
- Hours: Monday: 8:00 a.m.to 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- The ability to read and write. Depending on the position, a valid Arkansas driver's license is required. Some positions are required to undergo a criminal background check and/or safe driving check. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
- OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Self-starter, ability to handle cash, knowledge of general office procedures, data entry, filing, answer phone, knowledge of Microsoft Office, good customer service skills, accuracy and attention to details.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and perform some physical labor.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Application for Employment