||Full-time; Starting salary $ 2,962.84/Monthly.
||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of various computer systems.
- Knowledge of design of relational database systems.
- Knowledge of technology and new user applications.
- Knowledge of data structures and logic.
- Ability to assist staff with various problem definitions and solutions.
- Ability to design effective database schema and normalization.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, maintains, and monitors data processing needs, identifies user problems,
and proposes solutions.
- Designs, develops, implements, and maintains database tables, queries, and reports
which meet customer requirements.
- Performs analysis and diagnostics to isolate the source of network, hardware, and/or
- Schedules, coordinates, and performs maintenance, repair, and upgrade of computer
systems with users and other organizational personnel.
- Participates in group meetings to identify business requirements and processes.
- Analyzes business requirements and comprehends business definitions of data.
- Analyzes user's current information flow requirements and determines feasibility of
design approach for diverse and large scale application systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in information technology,
computer science, or a related field; plus two years of experience in database development
Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review
and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF
THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON
APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Database and application development
- Monitoring and maintain current system servers
- Web form to database creation
- Database to web page scriptingTemplate development
- Ensuring that data driven web pages are constructed meeting Tech standards as applied
to web accessibility requirements; usability testing to ensure a cohesive, functional
and dynamic site
- Repurposing of outdated web applications currently in use by departments; Cooperating
with assigned responsible individuals to propose and implement solutions
- Maintaining cooperative relationships across business functions with respect to data
driven systems, projects, processes, teams and external partners
- Experience with CSS, HTML, Jscript, Jquery, Oracle, MySQL, PHP, SQL, and XML
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Database Analyst is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining database
systems and monitoring and resolving internal database problems, using hierarchical
or relational date base management techniques. This position is governed by state
and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It
is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call
the Office of Human Resources at 479-968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in
addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for Employment