|Position:||Full-time; Starting salary $ 2,962.84/Monthly.|
|Department:||Office of Information Systems|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of various computer systems.
- Knowledge of design of relational database systems.
- Knowledge of technology and new user applications.
- Knowledge of data structures and logic.
- Ability to assist staff with various problem definitions and solutions.
- Ability to design effective database schema and normalization.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, maintains, and monitors data processing needs, identifies user problems, and proposes solutions.
- Designs, develops, implements, and maintains database tables, queries, and reports which meet customer requirements.
- Performs analysis and diagnostics to isolate the source of network, hardware, and/or software malfunctions.
- Schedules, coordinates, and performs maintenance, repair, and upgrade of computer systems with users and other organizational personnel.
- Participates in group meetings to identify business requirements and processes.
- Analyzes business requirements and comprehends business definitions of data.
- Analyzes user's current information flow requirements and determines feasibility of design approach for diverse and large scale application systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field; plus two years of experience in database development and analysis.
Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Prefer 2 years of experience in troubleshooting and repair to computers and peripheral equipment.
- Prefer 1 year of experience in installing and configuring audio/visual equipment.
- Prefer a background in making audio/visual hardware recommendations.
- Prefer a background in making computer hardware and software recommendations.
- Prefer experience using Microsoft Visio software.
- Prefer any audio/visual certification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Database Analyst is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining database systems and monitoring and resolving internal database problems, using hierarchical or relational date base management techniques. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: email@example.comApplication for Employment