Collector - Extended
|Position:||Full-time; Starting salary $ 1,909.92/Monthly.|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of hospital/university policies and procedures governing patient/student accounts.
- Knowledge of state and/or federal regulations related to collection of patient/student accounts.
- Knowledge of financial reporting techniques.
- Ability to compile and report financial information related to patient/student accounts.
- Ability to conduct exit interviews and counsel students or patients on payment obligations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives and reviews delinquent accounts to determine appropriate action.
- Contacts students or patients who are delinquent and arranges payment schedules.
- Performs skip tracing on accounts to locate delinquent students or patients.
- Applies adjustments, discounts, deferments, and cancellations to accounts as necessary.
- Refers accounts to collection agencies or appropriate governmental offices.
- Conducts exit interviews and counsels students or patients on payment obligations.
- Compiles periodic reports on status of delinquent accounts.
- Provides technical assistance to students, patients, attorneys, insurance representatives, and the general public, concerning payment procedures and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus two years of experience in the collection of delinquent accounts.Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Two year degree with course work in business or computer applications
- Customer service experience
- Technology literate
- Basic accounting knowledge, excellent organizational skills and ability to carry out duties independently
- Detail oriented
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Collector is responsible for the collection of payments on patient or student accounts. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: email@example.comApplication for Employment