Administrative Specialist III
||Full-time; Starting salary $ 2,105.67/Monthly.
||Arkansas Tech-Ozark Adult Education
||Arkansas Tech University, Ozark, AR
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of mathematics and statistics.
- Knowledge of research and analysis techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of work-related subject area.
- Knowledge of computers and software applications.
- Ability to prepare, present, and review oral and written information and reports.
- Ability to research and analyze related work program information.
- Ability to develop, recommend, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze financial records and prepare reports.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Researches and analyzes data pertinent to work programs and/or agency/institution
goals and objectives and prepares reports explaining findings and recommendations.
- Assists in developing or revising policies, procedures, and directives based on research
findings; submits to supervisor for approval.
- Compiles financial information used by supervisor to formulate budget proposals and
monitors expenditures to ensure optimum operating efficiency.
- Reviews and answers or prepares correspondence relating to agency/institution programs.
- Interprets agency administrative directives, policies, and procedures to ensure consistent
- Provides information, assistance, and clarifications to interested parties concerning
agency/institution programs, policies, and procedures.
- Assists supervisor by maintaining leave records, appointment calendar, and prioritizing
- May supervise a small to medium-sized administrative support staff and evaluate the
work performance of incumbents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus one year of specialized
training in business management, business education, or a related field; plus three
years of experience in specialized or a related field applicable to work performed.
- Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review
and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
- OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF
THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON
APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Associate's degree or higher in Human Services related field.
- One year or more experience working specifically in the field of Adult Education.
- Assessment training and certification to include TABE, GED Ready, GED, and NRS software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Administrative Specialist III is responsible for coordinating office activities,
researching and preparing special reports, and developing, revising, and recommending
administrative policies and procedures as directed by supervisor. This position is
governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal
conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant
in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check
information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with
state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It
is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call
the Office of Human Resources at 479-968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in
addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: email@example.com
Application for Employment