Administrative Specialist II
|Position:||Fulltime; Starting salary $ 1,818.92/Monthly.|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of record keeping procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of mathematics and statistics.
- Knowledge of work-related subject area.Knowledge of computers and software applications.
- Ability to conduct research and compile data into report form.
- Ability to establish and maintain filing systems.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to analyze documents to determine compliance with rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Responsible for researching and preparing special reports, examining and verifying documents, and performing general office duties.
- Researches various data storage and/or computer records to obtain information and compiles data for reports.
- Composes and types routine correspondence and form letters, maintains activity logs and/or financial ledgers, and submits reports to supervisor.
- Reviews documents including applications, forms, vouchers, records, and reports for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with laws and regulations, makes necessary corrections, and assigns file numbers.
- Provides information, assistance, and clarification to interested parties concerning agency/institution policies and procedures.
- Assists in developing or revising agency/institution policies, procedures, and directives based on research findings and compiles financial information used to formulate budget proposals and monitor expenditures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus two years of experience in a specialized or related area applicable to work performed. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Financial Aid Office experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Administrative Specialist II is responsible for researching and preparing special reports, examining and verifying documents, and performing general office duties. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: email@example.comApplication for Employment