Administrative Specialist I
|Position:||Full-time; Starting salary $ 1,571.25/Monthly.|
|Department:||Landscape and Grounds|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of record keeping procedures.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of basic grammar.
- Knowledge of computer and software applications.
- Ability to conduct research and compile data into report form.
- Ability to establish and maintain filing systems.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to analyze documents to determine compliance with rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews documents including applications, forms, vouchers, records, and reports for accuracy and completeness of information and compliance with laws and regulations, makes necessary corrections, and assigns file numbers.
- Contacts submitting agency/institution or individual to obtain additional information or to correct discrepancies in documents, and sends notification of acceptance/rejection.
- Researches various data storage and/or computer records to obtain information and compiles data for reports.
- Establishes document files and maintains files by updating and purging as needed.
- Enters data into computer system and makes changes and/or corrections.
- Maintains activity log and/or financial ledger and submits reports to supervisor.
- Composes and types routine correspondence and form letters.
- May calculate rates, fees, taxes, assessments, and fines.
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Oracle (specifically Banner) and Arkansas Purchasing and Procurement Guidelines
- Experience in working outside in all climates
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Administrative Specialist I works under general supervision and is responsible for examining and verifying documents, preparing routine correspondence, and maintaining files. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: email@example.comApplication for Employment