|Position:||Assistant Athletic Trainer|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
Arkansas Tech University in Russellville, Arkansas is seeking an Assistant Athletic Trainer. This is a 12 month full-time entry level position in district six. Arkansas Tech University is located in Russellville, AR in the heart of the Arkansas River Valley Tri-Peaks region. Nestled between the beautiful Ozark and Ouachita Mountains as well as Lake Dardanelle State Park, Russellville offers small town appeal with city benefits. It has a population of almost 25,000 and is only an hour from the capital city.
The general purpose of this position is to provide medical preventions, screenings, and rehabilitation for athletic injuries. Ensure that the Sports Medicine Department is in compliance with all OSHA regulations. Assist with coordinating medical eligibility, including PPE screenings and appropriate information. This position must establish an initial clinical impression concerning the athletic injury and a proper course of action regarding treatment, and referral to a qualified physician. Coordinate medical appointments for student-athletes under the supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer, to provide coverage of all practices and games as scheduled.
1. Prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries
2. Sports team travel for competition
3. Properly document injuries as well as treatments and rehabilitation sessions of injured athletes
4. Process insurance claims
5. Prepare medical reports for coaches
6. Maintenance and management of the athletic training facilities
7. Pre and post-practice, game preparation
8. Follow prescribed protocols of the team physicians when providing health care for injured or sick athletes
9. Assist in the education of student-athletes, coaches, and staff on all medical issues, drug and alcohol educating, testing, nutritional information on supplements and medications
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree, Certification by the National Athletic Trainers Association-BOC, Licensed or eligible for Licensure in the state of Arkansas, Possess good communication skills, and the ability to work as a team player.
Preferred Qualifications: Masters Degree in Athletic Training, Physical Education and Recreation or related field preferred, and at least 2 years of previous athletic training experience at the collegiate or professional level.
Please send a letter of application, a resume, and at least three personal references to Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine, Brett Waldon, MS,ATC, LAT, CSCS. E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail to Hull Building, Room 128, 1306 N El Paso Ave., Russellville, AR 72801. Closing date for accepting applications is May 31, 2013 with anticipated start date of July 1, 2013. AA/EOE
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.