|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
The Division of Student Services at Arkansas Tech University is seeking a Career Counselor
for the office of Student Success. This is a full-time, non-tenure track, 12- month
position. The position requires a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of experience
in higher education administration. Primary job functions, duties, and responsibilities
are listed below.
Salary range is $30,000-$36,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus full benefit package including excellent health insurance, vacation, and retirement package. Send a letter outlining your qualifications, a resume, and contact information for at least five professional references to: Dana Florian, Director of Career Services, Arkansas Tech University, Norman Career Services, Doc Bryan Student Services Center, Suite 229, 1605 Coliseum Drive, Russellville, Arkansas 72801, 479-968-0278 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. (AA/EOE)
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law. Arkansas Tech University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applications are due no later than May 10, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. The anticipated start date is July 1, 2013.
About Arkansas Tech University: Founded in 1909, Arkansas Tech University is rich in history and is now one of the fastest growing universities in the region. With over 50 percent enrollment increase since 1998, the current campus population exceeds 10,000 students. Arkansas Tech University, located in Russellville, Arkansas, is situated in the heart of the Arkansas River Valley Tri-Peaks region. Nestled between the beautiful Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, with Lake Dardanelle State Park, Russellville offers small town appeal with city benefits. With a population of almost 28,000, Russellville is only an hour from the capitol city.
Student Success Office: Reporting to the Associate Dean for Student Success, the successful candidate will serve as Career Counselor.
Successful candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and be proficient in the use of professional and social networking sites. Dependability, creativity and professionalism are paramount qualities for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide career counseling/advising to students and alumni regarding the career decision-making processes, interviewing, resume formulation, letter writing, appropriate dress and etiquette, and all other facets of career preparation
• Assist in workshops, seminars, and other presentations including developing, marketing and set-up of these events
• Facilitate the administration of FOCUS 2, Myers Briggs, and Holland Code Career Test
• Promote career fairs on and off campus, working with students, faculty, and employers
• Implement new programs under the leadership of the Director of Career Services
• Provide assessment and evaluation of Norman Career Services and make recommendations for improvement
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum one year of experience in higher education administration
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with students, parents, faculty, and business and industry professionals
• Dedication to creating a collaborative and creative work environment
• Detail oriented and the ability to prioritize
• Willingness to collaborate and contribute in a team environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and the willingness to learn the campus computer software for student information and other administrative systems, specifically FOCUS 2 and Careerlink
• Proficiency in the use of professional and social networking sites