|Position:||Director of Retention Services|
|Department:||Student Services/Student Success|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
The Division of Student Services at Arkansas Tech University is seeking a Director
of Retention Services. This is a full-time, non-tenure track, 12- month position.
The position requires a master’s degree and at least two years of experience in higher education administration. Primary job functions, duties, and responsibilities are listed below.
Salary range is $35,000-40,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus full benefit package including excellent health insurance, vacation, and retirement package. Send a letter outlining your qualifications, a resume, and contact information for at least five professional references to: Ray Moll, Associate Dean for Student Success, Arkansas Tech University, Norman Career Services, Doc Bryan Student Services Center, Suite 229, 1605 Coliseum Drive, Russellville, Arkansas 72801, 479-968-0278 or via email at: email@example.com. (AA/EOE)
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law. Arkansas Tech University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applications are due no later than July 26, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. The anticipated start date is August 15, 2013.
About Arkansas Tech University: Founded in 1909, Arkansas Tech University is rich in history and is now one of the fastest growing universities in the region. With over 50 percent enrollment increase since 1998, the current campus population exceeds 10,000 students. Arkansas Tech University, located in Russellville, Arkansas, is situated in the heart of the Arkansas River Valley Tri-Peaks region. Nestled between the beautiful Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, with Lake Dardanelle State Park, Russellville offers small town appeal with city benefits. With a population of almost 28,000, Russellville is only an hour from the capitol city.
Student Success: Reporting to the Associate Dean for Student Success, the successful candidate will serve as Director of Retention Services.
Successful candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Dependability, analytical skills and professionalism are paramount qualities for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the Bridge to Excellence (B2E) Freshman Mentoring Program, Student Ambassador Program and the Doc Bryan Tutoring Center
• Recruit prospective faculty and staff mentors, student ambassadors and tutors
• Prepare and conduct training sessions for faculty and staff mentors, student ambassadors and tutors
• Maintain detailed records on retention rates and B2E participation
• Deliver classroom presentations and workshops on student success and promote tutoring services offered at Tech
• Facilitate the administration of the Noel-Levitz College Student Inventory (CSI) and FOCUS 2 career assessment to all incoming freshmen during summer registration
• Implement new programs under the leadership of the Associate Dean for Student Success, specifically a peer element to the current mentoring programs
• Provide assessment and evaluation of retention initiatives and tutoring services and make recommendations for improvement
• Master’s degree
• Minimum of two years of experience in higher education administration
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with students and faculty
• Detail oriented and the ability to prioritize
• Willingness to collaborate and contribute in a team environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and the willingness to learn the campus computer software for student information and other administrative systems, specifically Internet-Native Banner and Argos Reporting System