|Position:||Fulltime; 12 month; tenure-track|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
Arkansas Tech University is seeking a Director of Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness.
The position is a 12 month, tenure-track, leadership position at Arkansas Tech University
(ATU) reporting to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs. This position
promotes a university-wide culture of inquiry and assessment by leading and supporting
the development, implementation, validation and reporting of student learning outcomes
assessment and institutional effectiveness efforts. The Director works directly with
academic, administrative and student services units at ATU to plan, implement, and
sustain its efforts to improve institutional effectiveness with emphasis on direct
assessment of student learning at the institution, program and course-levels on an
The Director is responsible for research and planning, in collaboration with a faculty-led outcomes assessment team, to research appropriate university-wide assessment tool(s) and develop recommendations. S/he will design authentic assessment measures of student learning and implement and analyze assessment findings. The successful candidate will provide consultation on institutional effectiveness planning processes and recommend methods of sustaining good assessment practice and strategies to improve student learning. S/he will coordinate professional development activities for faculty and staff, work with the ATU academic deans to create appropriate reports on student learning, and maintain and assist college-wide units in creating and using comprehensive assessment and institutional effectiveness databases.
This is a tenure-track position at the assistant or associate professor rank. As such, the individual will be expected to teach one course in his/her discipline during each regular semester and will be responsible for research and service activities expected of other tenure-track/tenured faculty.
• Doctorate in Educational Psychology, Educational Research, Higher Education Administration, or other appropriate academic discipline offered by the university
• 4 - 10 years of professional experience in Higher Education
• Expertise in learning outcomes assessment and institutional effectiveness in a college setting for both campus and online based instruction
• Applied and advanced knowledge of research and assessment methodology, curriculum development (campus and online), assessment design and implementation, and accountability issues
• Knowledge of various types of assessment programs and accreditation standards for programs and institutions
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple task/projects at multiple campuses
• Strong leadership skills to facilitate and coordinate teamwork among faculty, staff, and administrators
• Strong presentation skills to communicate assessment plans and results effectively with a wide range of audiences
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to exchange and present information and facilitate dialogues with colleagues within the University
• Ability to work in a multi-project, fast-paced office environment and able to meet concurrent deadlines
• Ability to compute, evaluate and communicate general principles used in evaluation and assessment
• Ability to prepare reports, analysis and summary tables using a statistical software package
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate as part of a team with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse multi-ethnic and multi-cultural university community
• Knowledge of TracDat
• Knowledge of Higher Learning Commission or other regional accrediting body requirements
Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend assignments
Please submit a letter of application outlining your qualifications, current resume and contact information for three references to Dr. Hanna Norton, Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs, 305 West Q Street, Pendergraft 321, Russellville, AR 72801 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for accepting applications is June 15, 2013. AA/EOE
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.