J.J. Mayo, Ph.D.
Health and Physical Edcuation
Office: Hull 106
Phone: (479) 968-0429
Fax: (479) 890-3084
- Ph.D. Exercise Science, University of Mississippi, 1998
- M.S. Dietetics, University of Central Arkansas, 2007
- M.S. Exercise Science, Arkansas State University, 1993
- B.S. Physical Education, Arkansas State University, 1991
- Associate Professor, Arkansas Tech University, 2010
- Associate Professor, Hendrix College, 2001-2010
- Assistant Professor, University of Louisiana at Monroe, 1998-2001
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Dietetic Association
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Registered Dietitian
- Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- B. Wax, J. Mayo, and B. Lyons. Acute Ingestion of L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate Fails
To Improve Muscular Strength and Endurance in ROTC Cadets. International Journal of Exercise Science. (accepted 2012)
- J. Mayo. Exercise Physiology. In ACSM's Resource Manual for Group Fitness Instruction.
Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, 2011.
- J. Mayo and L. Kravitz. (2009). Glycemic Index: Weight Loss Sham or Sensation? IDEA Fitness Journal.
- "Eating for Peak Performance." Arkansas Association of Health, Physical Education,
Recreation and Dance. Little Rock, Arkansas. 2010.