Homecoming Sign Competition
Sign Up: https://thelink.atu.edu/form/start/40453
The Sign Competition is an opportunity for RSOs and Residence Halls to show their
artistic talent by painting a mural of their interpretation of the Homecoming theme,"Tame
- Each entry is to be submitted here by Tuesday, October 7, 2014 at 5 pm.
- The $10 entry fee, used to cover the cost of the material, is to be submitted to Student
Services, Doc Bryan Suite 233 by Tuesday, October 7, 2014 at 5 pm.
- Sign material consists of one (1) 4'x8' sheet of plywood, two 2"x4"x12" boards, and
- Sign materials can be picked up on Friday, October 10, 2014 between 2:00 pm - 5:00
pm at the Intramural Field.
- The finished product is placed in Centennial Plaza on Friday, October 31, 2014 between
12:00 pm -5:00 pm.
- The signs will remain in Centennial Plaza overnight and throughout the Homecoming
game. RSOs and Residence Halls can pick up their signs at the conclusion of the football
game. Any signs not picked up will be discarded.
- Signs can be two dimensional with the following guidelines: Sign can be painted and/or
textured. Signs can be textured up to 1/2 inch of covering material. Texture measurements
will be taken from the surface of the board. Board thickness is not included in the
measurement. (This can include paper, bottle caps, etc.)
- Nothing can be added to make the board bigger. The maximum size is the board itself,
vertical or horizontal, depending on how the RSO or Residence Hall chooses to design
- Signs must be finished by the time they are set up in Centennial Plaza.
- Only construction of support stands may be performed on site. A carpenter will be
on site to assist in construction of support stands.
- Tent stakes and rope must secure signs from both the front and back. Groups must provide
their own tent stakes and rope to tie down the board. There must be a total of four
stakes, two in the back and two in the front.
- Please make sure the names of the Registered Student Organization or Residence Hall
is on the sign and easily visible.