Homecoming Queen Nominee
Entry Form: https://thelink.atu.edu/form/start/40460
The time has to come to nominate for 2014 Homecoming Queen. Each Registered Student
Organization (RSO) and Residence Hall has the opportunity to nominate one (1) female
to be on the ballot. All nominations should be submitted by October 7, 2014 at 5 pm. No late nominations
will be accepted.
Along with this nomination form a check for $25.00 entry fee must be submitted to
Student Services, Doc Bryan Suite 233. (Checks made payable to Student Government
Association.) The entry fee pays for four (4) banquet tickets, plaques, and other
nominee activity costs.
- Each nominee must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher, have completed a minimum
of 60 credit hours, be a full time student, and be in good standing with the University.
- No alternate nominees will be accepted if the candidate is not eligible.
- Candidates may be jointly sponsored by up to two (2) RSOs or residence halls.
- Queen nominees should be able to attend scheduled events. Reasonable exceptions will
- The Homecoming Queen informational meeting is on Monday, October 13, 2014 at 4 pm
in Doc Bryan 242. All Homecoming Queen nominees must attend this meeting.
- Homecoming Queen interviews are held October 16 from 9am - 7pm in the Student Services
Conference Room. The court is selected from these interviews.
- The Homecoming Court will be announced at the Homecoming Pep Rally on Monday, October
27 at 9 pm in Thone Stadium.
- The student body votes for their Homecoming Queen from the 5 nominees on Homecoming
- Voting opens on Tuesday, October 28 at 12:00 am (midnight) and closes on Thursday,
October 30 at 11:59 pm. All voting is conducted on theLink.
- The Homecoming Court has Game Day practice on Thursday, October 30 at 3:20 pm at the
band practice facility near Chartwells Women's Sports Complex.
- The Homecoming Court has a banquet in their honor on Friday, October 31 at 6 pm. Each
Court member is allowed to invite three (3) guests.
- The Homecoming Queen is announced on Saturday, November 1 at 2:30 pm at Thone Stadium.
Guidelines for Nominees:
- No campaign materials may be distributed prior to the announcement of Homecoming Court
at the Homecoming Pep Rally on Monday, October 27, 2014 at 9 pm in Thone Stadium.
- Nominees shall hang no more than 117 flyers (11 X 17 maximum size). Flyers may be
hung on bulletin boards ONLY. Locations are available on the Poster Route. One banner
for each nominee can be hung in each of these locations: Doc's Place, Doc Bryan Rotunda,
and Baz-Tech. Failure to comply may result in disqualification.
Photograph of court: Monday, October 27 at the conclusion of the Pep Rally.