- Pep Rally Spirit Competition
The Homecoming Pep Rally is an opportunity for RSOs, Residence Halls, and students to show their support for their beloved Wonder Boys. Come show your Tech spirit and win the 3 ft. tall, green and gold spirit stick that designates the group that displayed the most energy and enthusiasm at the Pep Rally.
The Homecoming Pep Rally is Monday, October 16 at 9 pm in Thone Stadium. Please submit your group's registration for the Spirit Competition by Tuesday, October 3 at 5 pm.
Criteria for Judging:
- Overall spirit, not "Spotty Spirit"
- Banners, t-shirts, face-painting, etc.
- Use of Homecoming theme
- Festive "Goings-on" in showing spirit (i.e. noise makers, party hats, etc.)
- Noise alone will not guarantee your chances of winning. Original uses of spirit and enthusiasm can greatly enhance any organization's chance of winning.
- Please note: no confetti or confetti-like materials can be used.
- It is recommended that your group be organized so that you may be more noticeable to the judges who will be evaluating the spirit competition.
- Sign Competition
The Sign Competition is an opportunity for RSOs and Residence Halls to show their artistic talent by painting a mural of their interpretation of the Homecoming theme,"Fight On."
- Each entry is to be submitted on the Homecoming page on theLink by Tuesday, October 3 at 5 pm.
- The $10 entry fee, used to cover the cost of the material, is to be submitted to Student Services, Doc Bryan Suite 233 by Tuesday, October 3 at 5 pm.
- Sign material consists of one (1) 4'x8' sheet of plywood, two 2"x4"x12" boards, and two hinges.
- Sign materials can be picked up on Friday, October 6 between 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm at the Campus Recreation Field.
- The finished product is placed in Centennial Plaza on Friday, October 20 between 12:00 pm -5:00 pm.
- The signs will remain in Centennial Plaza overnight and throughout the Homecoming game. RSOs and Residence Halls can pick up their signs at the conclusion of the football game. Any signs not picked up will be discarded.
- Signs can be two dimensional with the following guidelines: Sign can be painted and/or textured. Signs can be textured up to 1/2 inch of covering material. Texture measurements will be taken from the surface of the board. Board thickness is not included in the measurement. (This can include paper, bottle caps, etc.)
- Nothing can be added to make the board bigger. The maximum size is the board itself, vertical or horizontal, depending on how the RSO or Residence Hall chooses to design it.
- Signs must be finished by the time they are set up in Centennial Plaza.
- Only construction of support stands may be performed on site. A carpenter will be on site to assist in construction of support stands.
- Tent stakes and rope must secure signs from both the front and back. Groups must provide their own tent stakes and rope to tie down the board. There must be a total of four stakes, two in the back and two in the front.
- Please make sure the names of the Registered Student Organization or Residence Hall is on the sign and easily visible.