HIM Program Application Guidelines
The application process for the Health Information Management Program is as follows:
1. Application for upper level professional HIM courses must be on file with the HIM Program Director by March 15th prior to the year you wish to take HIM courses.
2. To be eligible for application interview, the following MUST be on file:
3. Applicants may be required to complete an interview with an interview team. Consideration will be given to areas such as:
4. Candidates will be ranked based on interview score, GPA, and number of prerequisite courses completed. The top 20 will be selected. A ranked order waiting list will be maintained by the HIM Program Director.
5. Candidates will be notified prior to pre-registration for the fall semester. If accepted, candidates must return a signed statement acknowledging acceptance. Candidates must register for courses indicated on the degree plan. Any change in degree plan requires approval of the student's HIM faculty advisor. Candidates must notify program director of change in degree choice.
6. A late application deadline of August 15th will be observed if positions are
available. Late applicants will be notified as soon as possible or during the week
of late registration.
7. If a candidate fails a course that would preclude graduation, or does not earn at least a C in HIM courses, reapplication to the HIM Program would be required.
The Baccalaureate Degree Program at Arkansas Tech University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). http://cahiim.org