Graduate Assistantships in Public Safety
The Department of Public Safety’s Office of Emergency Management is seeking an imaginative, energetic, and responsible individual interested in student development, event planning and execution, program development, and marketing to a campus environment. This 12-month appointment provides a wide range of public safety and emergency management educational programming, marketing and social media development, and planning opportunities for campus wide emergency response. The successful candidate should be able to take direction and support professionals in the areas of Student Services and Public Safety. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment, open to change, have the ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Develop and Organizing of Public Safety Programs on campus
- Assist in the development of Emergency Operations Planning
- Assist in the development and facilitation of tabletop exercises
- Program management for the building managers program
- Responsible for website development and updating
- Monitor and assist in social media strategy
- Develop and strategize crisis communications for programs such as the building managers and CERT program
- Develop strategy for preparedness programs and activities
The minimal requirements for a candidate seeking this assistantship opportunity is a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, admittance to the Arkansas Tech University graduate school as a Master's degree seeking graduate student, a completed background check, and availability to begin working July 1st, 2016. Preferred skills including excellent written and oral communication, organization skills, and self-motivation.
Monthly stipend divided over a 12 month contract
18 graduate credit hour waiver per academic year
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Chief Joshua McMillian, Chief of Public Safety, 1508 North Boulder Avenue, Russellville,
or by email at email@example.com.