Graduate Assistant for Student Wellness Outreach
Student Wellness at Arkansas Tech University is seeking a self-motivated, student-focused individual interested in pursuing a career in College Student Personnel, Psychology, or related field to assist with student wellness outreach. This 12-month appointment provides a wide range of health and wellness educational programming, consultation, and referral services that meet the particular needs of today's students.
- Assist with the implementation and creation of campus wide educational programming. Themes include, but are not limited to, the following: drug and alcohol education, mental health awareness, suicide prevention, college student health, and other wellness topics.
- Coordinate the drug and alcohol education program (TIPS). Attend a TIPS "train the trainer" session, schedule TIPS training sessions, assign graduate students to teach the monthly TIPS training, and manage all administrative tasks for the TIPS program.
- Provide oversight for the Student Health 101 wellness education program and e-magazine including customization of monthly pages and campus-wide marketing of the magazine. Student Health 101 is a magazine which addresses various wellness topics; it is sent monthly to all students.
- Supervise the Peer Health Educators, a small group of undergraduate students who assist with campus wide wellness programming. Train the PHE’s as well as coordinate their programming efforts.
- Collaborate with University Relations to coordinate marketing efforts related to Student Health 101 and other social media tools. Cooperate with other campus organizations and departments in providing wellness education and programming.
The minimal requirements for a candidate seeking this assistantship opportunity is a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, admittance to the Arkansas Tech University graduate school as a Master's degree seeking graduate student, a completed background check, and availability to begin working July 1st, 2016. Preferred skills including excellent written and oral communication, organization skills, and self-motivation.
Monthly stipend divided over a 12 month contract
18 graduate credit hour waiver per academic year
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Kristy Davis, Associate Dean for Student Wellness, firstname.lastname@example.org.