The Department of Diversity and Inclusion at Arkansas Tech University is seeking high-energy, student-focused individuals interested in making a positive impact in the lives of our students. This newly established department will focus efforts on enhancing the experience of underrepresented students. While creating a campus environment and culture that celebrates inclusiveness and multiculturalism, this office aims to impact students to graduation. The Department of Diversity and Inclusion will also coordinate related university wide trainings, workshops and programmatic efforts.
Overview of Responsibilities:
• Assist with the formation, development and advisement of cultural based registered student organizations (25%):
• Serve as a co-advisor to existing organizations
• Conduct cultural based focus groups to aid in the formation of new registered student organizations
• Work to maximize organization's programming efforts
• Assist with the implementation of diversity and inclusion trainings, workshops and educational initiatives (25%):
• Facilitate presentations and workshops for student organizations, student leadership teams and the campus community
• Aid in the development and implementation of campus wide annual programmatic efforts in the following areas (30%):
• Cultural based heritage days/weeks/months
• Nationally sponsored days/weeks/months of recognition
• Related advocacy and inclusiveness initiatives
• Assist in collaborative programming with the Department of Student Success to ensure to ensure that programs and services offered are meeting the needs of underrepresented students (10%).
• Work in partnership with the Department of Campus Life to engage underrepresented populations into existing initiatives including the co-curricular experience, leadership and service programs, Greek Life, student activities and New Student Orientation (10%).
The minimal requirements for a candidate seeking this assistantship opportunity is a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, admittance to the Arkansas Tech University graduate school as a Master's degree seeking graduate student, a completed background check, and availability to begin working July 1st, 2015. Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to form positive relationships with students are desired.
$1,000 per month stipend18 hours of tuition (out-of-state portion waived) per year
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Kevin Solomon, Associate Dean for Campus Life, email@example.com