The Vision of the Graduate College of Arkansas Tech University is to empower students through advanced degrees to meet the demands of a global society through intellectual inquiry, scholarly attainment, artistic endeavors and creative pursuits within and across disciplines.
The mission of the Graduate College of Arkansas Tech University is to encourage a diversity of ideas in a climate of academic freedom and integrity. Advanced degrees are designed to complement and enhance undergraduate programs. The Graduate College is an advocate for graduate study and seeks partnership with other entities to accomplish our goals more efficiently. The Graduate College serves to nurture and preserve academic excellence by taking the lead in shaping policy and assisting faculty in guiding and mentoring graduate students in becoming accomplished and ethical scholars, researchers and practitioners in their disciplines.
Our Commitment to Quality
The Graduate College Office provides a solid infrastructure for student, staff, faculty, and administrator achievement. Using a service-oriented team model, we support the interests and needs of our graduate programs by providing timely processing, assistance, training, and guidance. We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of service, because we understand the ultimate success of our graduate programs depends, in part, upon our effective communications and forward-thinking. The employees of the Graduate College strive to exceed the expectations of those we serve by:
• Anticipating & supporting the needs of graduate students, faculty, & staff
• Creating a culture that values service & fosters mutual respect
• Working to resolve challenges
• Implementing new technologies that enhance our services & accessibility
• Projecting a friendly & courteous demeanor in every interaction
• Providing timely & accurate information
• Offering services that are convenient & accessible to all
• Removing unnecessary barriers for graduate students, faculty, & staff
• Reviewing all policies and practices on a regular basis
• Simplifying administrative procedures whenever possible
Adopted March 2014