Guidelines for Jim Ed McGee
Graduate Honors Award
The Jim Ed McGee Graduate Honors Award was instituted to recognize one Arkansas Tech University graduate each year.
Individuals who graduated in May or December are eligible to apply by April 1 of the year following their graduation.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
- Minimum 3.75 cumulative graduate grade point average
- Nomination letter and two (2) other professional recommendation letters
- Applicant submission of 500 word narrative, including the following information:
- Outline your current position and description of the impact the applicants degree had on current position
- Describe a major accomplishment in degree work and current position; supporting document(s) as evidence of this accomplishment may be attached
- Description of the applicants continued involvement/contribution to Arkansas Tech University
Student must be nominated by a member from their graduate department. A letter of nomination must accompany the packet submitted to the Graduate College.
A panel of reviewers, consisting of the Director of Graduate Support Services, two (2) graduate faculty members, and the last year's Jim Ed McGee Award recipient will review the candidates for the Jim Ed McGee Graduate Honor Award. The panel will rate the candidate applicants based on the award selection criteria.
*A personal interview may be required.
The Jim Ed McGee Graduate Honors Award recipient will receive a personal plaque presented at a reception hosted by the Graduate Council. Additionally, his/her name will be inscribed on the Jim Ed McGee Graduate Honors Award Plaque for permanent display in the Graduate College.