Joe Stoeckel, Ph.D.
1701 North Boulder Avenue
- Ph.D., Fisheries Science, Virginia Tech University
- M.S. & B.S., Zoology, Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
- Fish and Wildlife Junior Seminar
- Fisheries Techniques
- Fisheries Management
- Fish and Wildlife Habitat Evaluation
- Biodiversity and Conservation Biology
- American Fisheries Society (AFS)
- Arkansas Chapter AFS
- World Aquaculture Society
- Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society
- Education, Fisheries Management, Early Life History, and Fish Culture Sections AFS
- Research Interests
- Freshwater fisheries management, propagation of commercial and rare species, biology
of freshwater mussels, reproductive biology of fishes
- Distribution and genetic status of the stargazing darter.
- Mortality black basses captured in fishing tournaments.
- Populations characteristics of paddlefish in the Arkansas, River.
- Determination of physical habitat requirements of the rare yellowcheek darter.
- Identification of spawning habitats, movements of paddlefish in the Arkansas River.
- Past President - Arkansas Chapter AFS
- Past President - Virginia Tech Chapter AFS
- Past Treasurer - Virginia Chapter AFS
- Past Secretary - Arkansas Chapter AFS
- Certified Fisheries Scientist - AFS