Welcome to the
College of Education
Welcome to the College of Education (COE) where we focus on preparing teachers and leaders for programs serving students birth through PK-12 and adult learners. You will discover a range of nationally accredited degree and certification options administered and taught by highly regarded, experienced professionals in the College of Education.
The Arkansas Tech University College of Education is dedicated to developing successful and innovative professionals who will internalize, initiate, and sustain a commitment to impact individuals in diverse and evolving communities.
The Arkansas Tech University College of Education prepares professionals, who will positively impact learners, systems, and communities, by providing competency- and outcomes-based undergraduate and graduate programs.
Undergraduate level programs include:
- Bachelor of Science with emphasis in Elementary, Middle Childhood/Early Adolescence, and Secondary Education leading to teacher licensure.
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood for those interested in Birth through Kindergarten programs.
Graduate programs leading to teacher licensure include:
- Master of Arts in Teaching (initial licensure)
- Master of Education in Teaching, Learning and Leadership (NTL initial licensure).
Advanced studies leading to additional education licensure and/or endorsement include:
- Master of Education Instructional Technology - Library Media Specialist (Grades K-12) online
- Special Education Degree and Special Education (Grades K-12) endorsement online
- Special Education B-K endorsement online
- Special Education Resource K-6, 7-12 endorsement online
- Dyslexia Therapist/Specialist (Grades K-12) endorsement online
Advanced studies in leadership leading to licensure include:
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership may be completed online
- Master of Education in School Counseling and Leadership
- Master of Education in Teaching, Learning, and Leadership (curriculum administrator)
- Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership (Superintendent Licensure)
Advanced study degrees and certificates in other areas:
- Master of Education in Instructional Technology - Instructional Design and Technology
- Certification for Online Teaching
- Master of Science in Strength and Conditioning
- Master of Science in College Student Personnel
Doctorate in School Leadership (with cohorts forming each summer)
Please feel free to contact us if you have questions or if you would like to meet with an education advisor to discuss career options.
- All University Scholarships (some of these are for education majors)
- College of Education Scholarships (scroll to "All Education Majors")
- Foundation Scholarships (some of these scholarships are specifically for education majors)
- External Scholarships (some of these scholarships are specifically for education majors)