Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get information about Graduate College?

Visit the
Choose tab(s) of interest - i.e. Graduate College Catalogue, Graduate On-Line Application.

To whom do I make my check when applying to Graduate College?

Make $25.00 Graduate application check payable to "ATU Graduate College". You may also call the Graduate College (479) 968.0398 to use a debit/credit card.

When should I begin the admission process to graduate college and my selected program of study?

        One semester before you plan to enter.

What are the requirements to be admitted to the graduate college?

            Admission to Graduate College requires an individual to have earned a bachelor’s degree with an overall GPA of 2.5. Degree programs may have additional requirements for admission. Required documents for admission can be found on the Graduate College web page at

What steps do I follow to be admitted to graduate college?

            First, you must fill out the Graduate College Application, which is online, and pay the $25.00 application fee. You can pay the application fee over the phone or send a check. All official transcripts from undergraduate and graduate institutions previously attended. Each program of study has specific additional requirements.

What is a program of study?

            A program of study are the courses you must take in order to obtain a degree in your chosen field.

If I am admitted as a graduate student, do I need to be admitted into a program of study?

            Yes, when you are admitted to graduate college, you must apply to a program of study. You must be accepted by the Graduate College and your selected program of study.

Is there a test I must take to enter the program of study?

            No there is no prerequisite test.

What are the fees?

            There is a $25.00 graduate application fee to be paid before admittance. There are additional required fees upon enrollment.

Do I have to have a parking pass?

            Yes, a parking pass is required for parking on the ATU campus.

What transcripts do I need?

            You will need official transcripts from all universities – undergraduate and/or graduate previously attended.

Can my transcripts be copies?

            No, all transcripts must be official.

Do I have to have any immunizations?

        Students enrolling at ATU, have to have 2-MMR’s: Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. If you are born before 1957, you do not have to show proof of immunization.

When, how and where do I pay for my classes?

        All payments go through the Student Accounts office, located on the first floor of Doc Bryan. By the first day of classes, payment must be received, either in person, or over the phone with a credit card.

Can I get financial aid aide as a graduate student?

        Yes, there are several financial aid opportunities available to graduate students through the Financial Aid office 479.968.0399.

Am I eligible for in-state tuition if I live outside of Arkansas?

        If you live in any state which touches Arkansas, you are eligible for in-state tuition.

Are there grants available for graduate tuition?

        Yes, this is the responsibility of the graduate student to check with the Arkansas Department of Higher Education.

What is a cohort?

        A group of people who enter a program of study at the same time and travel through the program of study together.

When is the best time to begin a program?

        When you are ready to make a commitment to furthering your education; summer starts a new sequence of classes.

How do I know which program is best for me?

        Your program of study selection is based upon your interest and your career path.

How long will it take to complete a degree?

        Most CLL graduates graduate with a degree in 2-1/2 to three years.

Are there on-line classes?

        Yes, currently the CLL is working to select courses which lend themselves to online study.

Where are classes offered?

Classes are offered on campus at the CLL building and at off campus sites.

What is a "T" number?

        A T number is your personal identification number, in place of your Social Security number.

Do I need to get a student ID?

        Yes, each student needs an ATU ID. Your ID will allow you to use ATU resources, such as the library.

What is "boot camp"?

        Boot Camp is a 15 day schedule of classes held during the summer. Each student receives 6 hours of graduate credit for the 15 day boot camp.

What is an artifact?

        An artifact is written or performance evidence of the graduate student’s learning.