Meet the Facilitator
The Arkansas Center for Executive Leadership is pleased to announce Dr. Bob Thompson
as the facilitator for the 2012-13 Superintendent Academy VI.
|| Bob Thompson, Ph.D.
Department of Educational Leadership
Professor of Educational Administration and Supervision
B.S., Abilene Christian University
M.Ed., Ph.D., East Texas State University
Mid-management and Superintendent Certification
Director of the Center for Executive Leadership
- 1992-Present Executive Director, Center for Educational Leadership
Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas
Note: The Center is the umbrella organization housing the Superintendent
Academy which is funded by a grant from the Texas Education
Agency, the Principal Academy, the Decision Support Center, and an
Assortment of smaller programs and functions.
- 1985-1992 Professor and Chair
Educational Leadership Department, Beaumont, Texas
- 1970-1985 Professor of Educational Administration
State University of New York at Oswego, Oswego, New York
- 1969-1970 Doctoral Student and Graduate Assistant
East Texas State University, Commerce, Texas
- 1959-1969 Superintendent, High School Principal and
Science/Math Teacher, Texas Public Schools
Related Experience: (abbreviated list)
- For ten years served as Chief Negotiator (Collective Bargaining) for three school
boards in New York State.
- School board trainer for districts in New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, and Texas
for the past 24 years.
- Superintendent Search Consultant for over twenty years.
- Chair: Texas Education Agency Reorganization Committee
- Director: Sabine-Neches Administrators and School Boards Members Association
- Chair: Texas Association of School Business Officials Scholarship Committee.
- Facilitator: Commissioner's Educational Leadership Association Advisory Committee
- Chair and Member: University Graduate Committee, Faculty Evaluation Committee, and
Program Evaluation committee at the State University of New York at Oswego.
- Member: University Graduate Committee, Recruitment Committee, Technology Committee,
Dean's Advisory Committee, and Artificial Intelligence Working Group, at Lamar University
- Visiting Professorships:
- Southwest Texas State University
- East Texas State University
National and State Professional Offices and Memberships:
- Past President and member: National Council of Professors of Educational Administration
- Past President and member: Texas Professors of Educational Administration
- Member: New York State Educational Facilities Planning Committee
- Member: Texas Association of School Administrators
- Member: American Association of School Administrators
- Past Chairperson and member: Texas Association of School Administrators Higher Education
- Member: Texas Association of Secondary School Principals
- Member: Phi Delta Kappa
- Advanced Leadership Development
- Analytical Tools for Management
- The Decision Process
- Group Facilitation