Sammie Stephenson, Ed.D.
Curriculum and Instruction
Tomlinson Building, Room 107
1310 North El Paso Avenue
Russellville, AR 72801
- Ed.D. Elementary Education, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR., 1995
- Certified Alphabetic Phonics Language Therapist for the Learning Disabled, Dallas,
- MSE Elementary Education, University of Central Arkansas, Conway, AR., 1969
- Certification for Teaching, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, 1965-66
- BA Psychology and Sociology, Henderson State University, Arkadelphia, AR., 1963
- Assistant Professor, Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR. 1999-present
- Director of Field Experiences and Instructor, University of the Ozarks, Clarksville,
- Reading Specialist and Coordinator in Jones Learning Center, University of the Ozarks,
- Remedial Reading Teacher, Grades 1-6, Logan, Utah, 1971
- Elementary Teacher, Grade 2, Bates Elementary, Fayetteville, AR. 1967-68
- Elementary Teacher, Grade 2, Siloam Springs, AR. 1966-67
- Arkansas Reading Association
- Arkansas River Valley Reading Council
- International Reading Association
- Association of Curriculum and Instruction
- Arkansas early Childhood Association
- Arkansas Association of Teacher Educators
- Phi Delta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Stephenson, S., Pepper, S., Lawson, J., & Costley, K. Early Childhood Instructors
Find Common Ground in Teaching Instructional Planning, Southeastern Regional Association
of Teacher Educators, Annual Conference, Little Rock, AR. October 26, 2012.
- Stephenson, S., Pepper, S., Lawson, J. & Bell, D., Education Interns at a Distance:
Online Supervision, Southeastern Regional Association of Teacher Educators, Annual
Conference, Little Rock, AR. October 25, 2012.
- Stephenson, S., Pepper, S., Lawson, J. & Leggett, T., Friday Forums: Faculty Collaboration
for Student Success—Developing Professional Dispositions. Southeastern Regional Association
of Teacher Educators, Annual Conference, Little Rock, AR. October 27, 2012.
- Stephenson, S. Leggett, T., Paxton, J., Pepper, S., Lawson, J., Bell, D., Brains,
Books, Balls, and Beans: Just Add Music. Arkansas Early Childhood State Conference,
Hot Springs, AR. October 18, 2012.
- Stephenson, S., Leggett, T., Pepper, S., Lawson, J., Bell, D., Books Rock. North Central
Early Childhood Association Conference, Batesville, AR. September 29, 2012.
- Stephenson, S., An Exploratory Study of Preservice Teachers' Self-Evaluations. American
Association of Behavioral and Social Science Annual Conference. February 5, 2010.
Las Vegas, Nevada.