Sherry L. Field, Ph.D.
Dean of the College of Education
Professor, Curriculum and Instruction
Crabaugh Building, Room 214
1310 El Paso Avenue
Russellville, AR 72801
- Ph.D., Curriculum and Instruction, The University of Texas at Austin
- M.Ed., Education and Administration, Stephen F. Austin State University
- B.S.Ed., Elementary Education, Texas Tech University
- Associate Dean for Teacher Education, Student Affairs, and Administration, The University
of Texas at Austin, 2006-2012
- Professor, Curriculum and Instruction, The University of Texas At Austin, 2001-2006
- Assistant-Associate Professor, Social Studies Education, University of Georgia, 1993-2001
- American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education
- American Educational Research Association
- National Council for the Social Studies
- Organization of Educational Historians
- Social Science Education Consortium
- Society for the Study of Curriculum History
- Field, S. & E. Bellows, E. (2012). The Great Depression and elementary school teachers
as reported in Grade Teacher magazine. American Educational History Journal. 39(1),
- Bellows, E., Bauml, M., Field, S. & Ledbetter, M. (2012). Occupy Wall Street: Examining
a current event as it happens. Social Studies and the Young Learner 24(4), 18-22.
- Castro, A.J., Field, S.L., Bauml, M. & Morowski, D. (2012). "I want a multicultural
classroom:" Preservice teachers' perspectives on teaching social studies in a culturally
diverse world. The Social Studies 103(3), 97-106.
- Field, S.L. & Bauml, M. (2012). It's about community: Active social studies in a university
charter school. Social Studies and the Young Learner 24(3), 27-30.
- Field, S. L., Bauml, M. Wilhelm, R. W., & Jenkins, J. (2012). Folk dress, fiestas,
and festivals: How is Mexico portrayed in U. S. primary grade social studies textbooks?
Journal of Social Studies Research 36(1), 22-46.
Honors and Awards:
- Invited Lecturer, 2013 JERASS (Japanese Educational Research Association for the Social
Studies); Lectures about social studies teacher preparation in Tokyo and Kagoshima,
- 2012 Jean Dresden Grambs Career Research Award (National Council for the Social Studies
- Kappa Delta Pi Davis Counselor of Distinction Award, 2009
- Chair, College and University Faculty Assembly of the National Council for the Social
- 2002 CIVITAS Fellow to Hungary
- Editor, Social Studies and the Young Learner, 1996-2006
- President, Society for the Study of Curriculum History, 1995-97