Kevin C. Costley, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education
Curriculum and Instruction
Tomlinson Building, Room 104
- Ph.D. Kansas State University (1982), Curriculum and Instruction, Supporting Areas
– Psychology, Gifted Education
- M.S. Pittsburg State University (1978), Elementary Teaching Supporting Area – Psychology
- M.M. Pittsburg State University (2000), Music, Emphasis – Piano Pedagogy/Literature
- B.S. Missouri Southern State University, Lifetime Certificate - Elementary Teaching,
English Certification – Grades 7-12
- Arkansas Tech University, Assistant/Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education,
- R-VIII Missouri Schools – First Grade/Early Literacy Specialist, 2000-2003
- Messenger College (Joplin, MO) – Head of Music Department/Professor – Education, Music
and Psychology, 1996-2000
- Pinocchio Preschool – Co-Director and Director of Music, 1982-1994
- Owner, Director, Instructor of The Keyboard Academy, 1982 – 1996
- Missouri Southern State University – Adjunct Instructor Special Education and Psychology,
- Pittsburg State University – Graduate Adjunct Instructor, 1984-1994
- R-I Missouri Schools – Remedial Language Arts Teacher, 1976-1977
- Phi Delta Kappa (First Vice President)
- Association for Childhood Education International
- National Association for Educating Young Children
- National Association for Educating Young Children (Central Arkansas Affiliate Board
- Arkansas Early Childhood Association
- American College of Musicians (The National Piano Playing Auditions)
- Arkansas Association of Teacher Education
- Central Arkansas Association for the Education of Young Children
- Arkansas Association for Professional Teaching
- Costley, K. & West, H. 2012). Teaching Practice: A Perspective on Inter-text and Prior
Knowledge. Southeast Association for Teacher Educators Journal. Summer, 2012, Vol.
21, number 2.
- Costley, K. (2012). Learners on the Move: Highly Responsive Fill in the Gap for Highly
Mobile Students. Eric Clearinghouse, ED533514. July 12, 2012.
- Costley, K., Harrington, Kayla (2012). Character Education: A Growing Need in American
Schools. Eric Clearinghouse. ED532605. June 4, 2012.
- Costley, Kevin C., Leggett, T. Bell, D. Practical and Workable Suggestions on How
to Fight Grade Inflation." Association of Teacher Educators Annual Conference, Atlanta,
Georgia. February 16, 2012.
- Costley, Kevin C., Leggett, T. Bell, D. A Plan to Raise Scores in Schools of Poverty.
Association of Teacher Educators Annual Conference, Atlanta, Georgia. February 16,
- Paxton, J., Leggett, T., Costley, K. Bell, D. Come to Your Senses: Sensory Issues
in the Classroom. Arkansas Early Childhood Conference, Hot Springs, Arkansas, October
28, 2012. (Proposal accepted)
- Costley, Kevin C., Leggett, T., Bell, D. Ten Ways to Fight Grade Inflation. Southeastern
Regional Association of Teacher Educators 59th Annual Conference, Little Rock, Arkansas.
October 25, 2012. (Proposal accepted)