Curriculum and Instruction
Crabaugh Building, Room 207
1310 North El Paso
Russellville, AR 72801
Dr. Carter has been at Tech since 1998. His areas of research include factors in teacher's
use of educational journals, constructivist methods and their effect on motivational
factors, and conceptual change in preservice teachers.
- Ph.D. Educational Psychology, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA 1998
- M.Ed. Instructional Technology, Arkansas Tech University, 1994
- B.S. Biology (Molecular Option), Arkansas Tech University, 1989
- Professor, Arkansas Tech University, 1998-Present
- Graduate Assistant Instructor, Educational Psychology, The University of Georgia 1997-1998,
- Science Teacher, Dardanelle High School, 1991-1995
- Arkansas Association of Teacher Educators (Executive Secretary)
- Southeastern Regional Association of Teacher Educators
- Carter, T. (2011). FY 2011 Evaluation Report for the TQE Grant-funded "Big Ideas in
Science for K-4." Russellville, AR: Author
- Carter, T. (2009). FY 2008 Evaluation Report for the TQE Grant-funded "Kinetics,
Energistics, and Redox Chemistry Project." Russellville, AR: Author.
- Carter, T. (2008-2009). Millennial expectations, constructivist theory, and changes
in a teacher preparation course. SRATE Journal, 17(1), 25-31.
- Carter, T. (2008). Millennial expectations and constructivist methodologies: Their
corresponding characteristics and alignment. Action in Teacher Education, 30(3), 3-10.
- Carter, T. (2008). A Millennial-friendly on-line course. AIMM Journal, 41(2), 16-17.
- Carter, T. (2008). Millennial generation learners in middle level education. Midpoint:
The Journal of the Arkansas Association of Middle Level Education, 3(1), 8-10.
- Carter, T. (2011). Using Wikispaces to Model and Develop Professional Planning Practices.
Paper Presented at the ArATE Fall Conference in Conway, AR.
- Carter, T. (2009). A Gradual Move from Teacher-centered to Student-centered approaches
in the University Classroom. Paper presented at the ArACTE Spring Conference in Hot
- Carter, T. (2008). Millennial learner expectations and changes in instruction. Arkansas
Association of Teacher Educators, Fall Conference, Russellville, AR.