Hospitality Administration, 2010
I graduated from Arkansas Tech University in May of 2010, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Hospitality Administration. Choosing a career was easy for me. I knew I was made for the Hospitality Industry and I was confident I could find a job in Travel & Tourism upon my graduation. I soon gained an internship at Lake Point Conference Center in Russellville, Arkansas. Both the experience and knowledge I gained as student at Tech and interning at Lake Point equipped me with the skills I needed to succeed after graduating.
As a student at Tech, I had the privilege of being mentored by Ray Moll. One of the most valuable lessons Mr. Moll taught me is it's not who you know, it's who knows you. As a young college student I didn't understand the importance of networking, but Mr. Moll's lesson is one I will never forget. It is this lesson that helped me land my current job in Hot Springs at Visit Hot Springs (Hot Springs Convention and Visitors Bureau).
Three years later, I am still working for Visit Hot Springs and love every aspect of my job. I know success is accomplished individually but I owe a huge part of my achievements to the professional relationships I developed in my four years spent at Arkansas Tech.
• Downtown Merchants Association: July 2010- Present
• Garland County Beautification Commission: August 2010- Present
• Greater Hot Springs AHA: January 2011- Present
• Arkansas Annual Convention and Visitors Bureau: September 2011- Present
• National Park Community College Hospitality Advisory Board: August 2012-Present