Ivan H. Still, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Biology
McEver Room 112
1701 N. Boulder Ave.
Russellville, AR 72801
- Ph.D., Human Genetics, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK, 1992
- B.Sc., Biochemistry, UniversityCollege London UK, 1988
- Journal of the Arkansas Academy of Science- Managing Editor
- Arkansas Academy of Science
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Kunapuli P, Somerville R, Still IH, and Cowell J.K. (2003). The ZNF198 gene, involved
in rearrangement in myeloproliferative disease, forms complexes with HHR6A/6B and
RAD18, implicating it in the post replication DNA repair process. Oncogene 22: 3417-3423
- Tien AC, Lin MH, Su LJ, Hong YR, Cheng TS, Lee YC, Wong FH, Lin WJ, Still IH, Huang
CY (2004). Identification of the substrates of Aurora kinases from a protein-protein
interaction model. Mol. Cell. Proteomics 3:93-104.
- Gangisetty O, LauffartB, Sondarva, G, Chelsea D, and Still IH. (2004). The Transforming
acidic coiled coil proteins interact with nuclear histone acetyltransferases. Oncogene
- Still IH, Vettaikkorumakankauv AK, Dimatteo A, and Liang P. (2004). Structure-function
evolution of the Transforming acidic coiled genes revealed by analysis of phylogenetically
diverse organisms. BMC Evolutionary Biology 4: 16
- Singh KK, Kulaweic M, Still I, Desouki MM, Geradts, J and Matsui S-I. (2005). Inter-genomic
cross talk between mitochondria and the nucleus plays an important role in tumorgenesis.
- Lauffart B, Dimatteo A, VaughanMM, Cincotta M, BlackJD and Still IH. (2006). Temporal
and spatial expression of TACC1 in the mouse and human. Developmental Dynamics 235:1638-1647
- Kulawiec M, Arnouk H, Desouki M , Kazim L, Still I and Singh KK. (2006).Proteomic
analysis of mitochondria-to-nucleus retrograde response in human cancer cells. Cancer
Biology and Therapy, 5: 967 – 968
- LauffartB, Sondarva G, Gangisetty O, Cincotta M, and Still IH. (2007). Interaction
of TACC proteins with the FHL family: implications for ERK signaling. Journal of Cell
Communication and Signaling 1:5-15.
- LauffartB, Gangisetty O, and Still IH. (2007). Evolutionary conserved interaction
of TACC2/TACC3 with BARD1 and BRCA1: potential implications for DNA damage response
in breast and ovarian cancer. Cancer Therapy 5:409-416.
- Kulawiec M, Safina A, Desouki MM, Still IH, Matsui S-I, Bakin A, and Singh KK.(2008).Tumorigenic
transformation of human breast epithelial cells induced by mitochondrial DNA depletion.
Cancer Biology & Therapy 7:1732-1743.
- Vettaikkorumakankauv AK, Lauffart B,GangisettyO, Cincotta M, HawthorneLA, CowellJK
and StillIH. (2008). The TACC proteins are coregulators of the retinoid-X receptorb.
Cancer Therapy 6:805-816.
- Still IH, Eslinger MR, Lauffart B. (2009). TACC1 (transforming, acidic coiled-coil
containing protein 1). Atlas Genet Cytogenet Oncol Haematol. (REVIEW). URL : http://AtlasGeneticsOncology.org/Genes/TACC1ID42456ch8p11.html
- Eslinger MR, Lauffart B, Still IH. (2009). TACC3 (transforming, acidic coiled-coil
containing protein 3). Atlas Genet Cytogenet Oncol Haematol. (REVIEW) URL : http://AtlasGeneticsOncology.org/Genes/TACC3ID42458ch4p16.html
- Cleveland State University 2006 Talk entitled: "aTACCking a new gene's role in cancer"
- Arkansas Tech University 2006 Talk entitled: "aTACCking a new gene's role in cancer"
- Key Note Speaker, Arkansas Junior Science and Humanities Symposium March 16 2007.
- Talk entitled: "When Good Cells Turn Bad: How Cancer Develops".
- Arkansas Tech University 2009 (April 2) Talk entitled: "Wanderlust: how a cancer metastasizes"
- University of The Ozarks 2009 (September 25) Talk entitled: "A decade of TACCs: have
we pinned down their functions yet?"
Honors and Awards
- Marquis Who's Who in America, Editions 55-60
- Marquis Who's Who in Science and Engineering, Editions 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (10th
- Who's Who Among American Teachers & Educators 11th Edition (2007)