Up to 60 hours of paid tuition!
• 60 hours of completed college credit
• Minimum GPA 2.75
• Attending Arkansas Tech• Major in Rehabilitation Science with emphasis in Vocational Rehabilitation
Interested in a future helping others?
Consider majoring in Rehabilitation Science at Arkansas Tech University!
Rehabilitation Science prepares students to work in the following careers:
- Rehabilitation Caseworker
- Substance Abuse Caseworker
- Mental Health Caseworker
- Social Security Disability Determination Worker
- Developmental Disabilities Case Manager
- Rehabilitation Counselor (graduate school required)- And many others……
Want to Work with a Variety of People?
The Rehabilitation Science Program prepares students to work with a variety of individuals with a variety of disabilities. Students receive training that will assist them in working with the following populations:
Individuals with physical disabilities
Individuals with learning and other developmental disabilities
Individuals with mental health issues
Individuals with substance abuse issues
Other conditionsIn addition, the program assists students with preparation to work with the following:
* Adults * Teens and adolescents * Children * FamiliesWant Great Courses?The Rehabilitation Science Program offers courses that combine theory with “real life” application. Some of the courses include:
Introduction to Rehabilitation Science
Principles and Techniques of Rehabilitation Services
Medical and Psychosocial Aspects of Disability
Family Centered Services
Ethics in Human Services
Seminar in Severe Disabilities
Want more information?
Dr. Penny Willmering
Arkansas Tech University
336 Witherspoon Hall