Penny P. Willmering, Ph.D.
Witherspoon Building 336D
407 West Q St
Russellville, AR 72801
- Ph.D. in Rehabilitation Psychology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- M.A. in Clinical Adult Psychology from Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville
- B.A. in Rehabilitation Services from University of Missouri-Columbia
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Fellow - National Rehabilitation Counseling Association
Recent Scholarly Activity
- Wiebold, J. & Willmering, P., Burnout, Compassion Fatigue, and Compassion Satisfaction
Among Blindness and Low Vision Service Providers (manuscript in preparation).
- Project Director, Rehabilitation Services Administration Long-Term Training Grant-$375,000.
- Editorial Reviewer for Journal on Applied Rehabilitation Counseling (peer reviewed)
- Presentations: Assistive Technology and Ethics (2013), Cultivating Compassion Satisfaction
(2013), Boundary Crossings versus Boundary Violations (2012), Rehabilitation Professionals!
Self Care and Compassion Satisfaction: An Ethical Mandate! (2012).
Honors, Awards, and Service Activities
- Council on Rehabilitation Education-Executive Committee (August 2013)
- Commissioner- Commission on Undergraduate Standards and Accreditation (2012-Present)
- Board of Directors- Arkansas Board of Examiners in Counseling (Governor Appointed,
- Arkansas Rehabilitation Association, Past President
- National Rehabilitation Counseling Association, Past President
- MARVA Board of Directors