Rebecca Munnell McHugh, Ph.D.
Witherspoon Building 359
407 West Q StRussellville, AR 72801
- B.A. in Psychology, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- MS. in Applied Developmental Psychology, University of Pittsburgh
- Ph.D. in In Applied Developmental Psychology, University of Pittsburgh
- Developmental Psychology I
- Developmental Psychology II
- Advanced Developmental Psychology
- Interpersonal relationships
- Visibility management and being known by others
- Coping with potentially stigmatizing characteristics
- Childhood and Adolescent identity development
- Effect of marginalization on adolescent well-being and identity development
- McHugh, R.M., Horner, C.G., Wallace, T.L., & Colditz, J. (2013). Bridges and barriers:
Adolescent perceptions of student-teacher relationships. Urban Education, 48(1), 9-43.
- Wallace, T.L., Ye, F., McHugh, R.M., & Chhuon, V. (2012). The development of an adolescent
perception of being known measure. The High School Journal, 95(4), 19-36.
- Maalouf, F.T., Brent, D, Clark, L., Tavitian, L., McHugh, R.M., Sahakian, B.J., &
Phillips, M.L. (2011). Neurorocognitive impairment in adolescent Major Depressive
Disorder: State vs. trait illness markers. Journal of Affective Disorders, 133(3),
- McHugh, R.M. (June, 2013). Disclosure in depression: A case study of seven adolescent
girls. The 25th Annual Ethnographic and Qualitative Research Conference (EQRC), Cedarville,
- McHugh, R.M. (June, 2013).Social Network Evaluations as an interview prompt: Using
a manipulative to prompt conversation. The 25th Annual Ethnographic and Qualitative
Research Conference (EQRC), Cedarville, Ohio.
- Rogen, J., McHugh, R.M., Horner, C.G., & Wallace, T.L. (2012. December 17). Bridges
and barriers: Adolescent perceptions of student-teacher relationships [Audio podcast].
- McHugh, R.M., Horner, C.G., Codlitz, J.B. & Wallace, T.L. (April, 2012). Constructing
beneficial interpersonal boundaries within positive student-teacher relationships.
Teachers, Schools, and Adolescents Working Together session of the Adolescence and
Youth Development SIG, at the annual 2012 Annual Conference of American Educational
Research Association, British Columbia, Canada.
- McHugh, R.M., Horner, C.G., Codlitz, J.B. & Wallace, T.L. (October, 2011). Bridges
and barriers: Adolescent perceptions of student-teacher relationships. Concurrent
Thematic Sessions 10.5 at the 2011 Annual Conference of Pennsylvania Educational Research
Association, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Wallace, T.L., Chuuon, V. & McHugh, R.M. (2011, April). Beyond belonging: The meaning-making
component of school connectedness. Challenges and Solutions in Youth Development and
Education Paper Session 4.10 at the 2011 Annual Conference of American Educational
Research Association, New Orleans, Louisiana.