Joshua Lockyer, Ph.D.
Witherspoon Building 357
407 West Q St
Russellville, AR 72801
- Ph.D. in Anthropology, University of Georgia
- B.A. in Anthropology, University of Arizona
- Cultural Anthropology
- Anthropology of Food
- Anthropology of the American Southwest
- Ecological & Environmental Anthropology
- Intentional Communities and Ecovillages
- Bioregionalism, Permaculture, & Ecovillages
- Utopianism and Agency
- Globalization and Transnational Activism
- Political Ecology
- Applied, Engaged, & Collaborative Anthropology
- Native North America
- North America (Ozark-Ouachita region, Southwest U.S., southern Appalachia, northern
- Latin America
- Under Review. "Possibilities for a Bioregional Anthropology." In, Environmental
Anthropology: Future Directions, Helen Kopnoina and Elle Ouimet-Shoreman (eds.).
- Lockyer, Joshua, and James Veteto. Forthcoming. "Ecovillages." Peer-reviewed entry
in The Encyclopedia of Sustainability: Americas and Oceania: Assessing Sustainability.
- Lockyer, Joshua and James Veteto (eds.). Forthcoming. Environmental Anthropology
Engaging Ecotopian Imaginaries: Bioregionalism, Permaculture, and Ecovillages for
a Sustainable Future. Berghahn Books.
- Lockyer, Joshua. Forthcoming. "Historical Development of Eco-communitarian projects"
and "Future of Eco-communitarian projects." In, Encyclopedia of American Reform Movements,
J. McKivigan and H. Kaufman, eds. New York: Facts on File, Inc.
- Lockyer, Joshua and Peter Benson with D. Burton, L. Felder, D. Hayes, E. Jackey &
A. Lerman. 2011. "'We Try to Create the World That We Want': Intentional Communities
Forging Livable Lives in St. Louis." Center for Social Development Working Papers
No. 11-02. Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St. Louis.
- Lockyer, Joshua. 2010. "Intentional Community Carbon Reduction and Climate Change
Action: From Ecovillages to Transition Towns." In, Michael Peters, Shane Fudge and
Tim Jackson (eds.), Low Carbon Communities: Imaginative Approaches to Combating Climate
Change Locally, pp 197-215. UK: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lockyer, Joshua. 2010. "Intentional communities and Sustainability." Communal Societies
- Lockyer, Joshua. 2010. "Seeing the Good in the World: Connecting Communities and
Students for Sustainability Education and Transformation." Communities: Journal of
Cooperative Living 147:30-31.
- Lockyer, Joshua. 2009. "From Developmental Communalism to Transformative Utopianism:
An Imagined Conversation with Donald Pitzer." Communal Societies 29(1): 1-14.
- Veteto, James and Joshua Lockyer. 2008. "Environmental Anthropology Engaging in Permaculture:
Moving Theory and Practice Toward Sustainability." Culture & Agriculture 30(1): 47-58.
- Lockyer, Joshua. 2008. "From Earthships to Strawbales: Sustainable Housing in Ecovillages."
Photo essay. Anthropology News 49(9):20.