- Develop an understanding of graphic design history, its connection to major artists
and their movements to determine how it fits contextually into historical art movements.
- Identify and apply the use of visual art concepts and vocabulary in verbal and written
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of contemporary art and design trends.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and develop appropriate solutions to design problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in industry standard software and print practices.
- Develop an understanding of professional designer-client relationships.
- Objectively participate in verbal and written critiques of student work.
- Identify and effectively apply the use of visual arts concepts and vocabulary in verbal
and written formats.
- Objectively participate in class critiques and respond positively to constructive
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of art tools, materials, and Technology appropriate
to the field.
- Demonstrate an understanding of contemporary art trends, major artist's works, and
- Demonstrate an understanding of professionalism required of a serious student of art
and develop a substantive portfolio.
- Identify and effectively apply the use of visual art concepts and vocabulary in verbal
and written formats.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of art tools, materials, technology appropriate
to the field of art education.
- Demonstrate understanding of contemporary art trends, art criticism, aesthetics, major
artists’ works and historical movements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of planning a substantive unit of instruction developmentally
appropriate to grade level and linked to national standards in the visual arts.
- Demonstrate the professional ability to implement a unit of instruction through effectively
setting clear goals and objectives, demonstrating art skills/ processes, integrating
critical thinking, pacing tasks, applying appropriate assessment, and engaging in
- Develop a substantive portfolio providing evidence of successful student learning
outcomes from internship involvement at both the elementary and secondary levels.