Calculating Your GPA
Definition of Terms:
- Credit Hours - the hours assigned to a course, this number is listed in both the schedule of classes and the catalog and is usually 1 to 5 hours.
- Grade Value - the numerical value assigned to a grade; A = 4 points, B = 3 points, C = 2 points, D = 1 point, and F = 0 points.
- Quality Points - number of credit hours for a course times the grade value.
- Attempted Hours - credit hours for which you earn a grade (excluding I's , AU's, P, NP or W's).
- Earned Hours - credit hours that you passed with a grade of D or higher. Pre-college courses such as remedial or developmental courses are not included in Earned Hours but are used in calculating your GPA. Transfer credit is not considered in determining your Arkansas Tech GPA.
- Repeat - when a course in which you received a substandard grade is repeated, the best attempt is calculated.
This calculator cannot accurately reflect all policies for repeating or transferring credit. You can find your overall GPA in OneTech by looking at your transcript. If you have more complex questions, seek the advice of a staff member in the Academic Advising Center (964-0843) or in the Registrar's Office (968-0272).
- Select the grade received for the course.
- Enter the number of credit hours (units) for the course.
- Click on calculate GPA.