Master of Education
Dr. Mona Chadwick
Center for Leadership and Learning
227 SR 333 South
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Leadership is designed to prepare candidates for licensure as a principal or assistant principal at the building level. The program of study is reflective of the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) standards: 2008. Students will be entered into the program as cohorts.
Students are eligible to apply for unconditional admission to the Master of Education degree program in Educational Leadership if they meet the following requirements:
1. Applicants must meet the admission requirements for Graduate College.
2. Two years of teaching experience.
1. A minimum of thirty-eight semester hours (all at the 6000 level) must be completed, including completion of the following courses:
EDLD 6002 Administrative Law
EDLD 6013 School Organization and Leadership
EDLD 6023 Organizational Change
EDLD 6102 School Finance
EDLD 6113 Action Research and Data Analysis
EDLD 6153 Communication with School and Community
EDLD 6203 Education and Society: Continuities and Discontinuities
EDLD 6253 Instructional Leadership
EDLD 6303 Technology as an Administrative Tool
EDLD 6313 Principles of Curriculum for School Leadership
EDLD 6352 Physical Environment of Schools
EDLD 6402 Working with the Marginal Performer
EDLD 6551/1-4 Administrative Internship
EDLD 6992 Professional Portfolio
2. A portfolio must be successfully completed and approved by a portfolio review committee.
3. Course work from other institutions of higher education will only be transferred from institutions that have received program approval for a program of study reflective of the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) standards: 2008.
4. Course work will be offered through on-campus classroom experiences as well as mixed technology including on-line and distance learning.
Copyright © 2010 Arkansas Tech University | All Rights Reserved
Russellville, Arkansas 72801 USA | For general information call 479-968-0389
All trademarks herein belong to their respective owners